After taking a hiatus in 2020 As a Outcome of of COVID-19 pandemic, UW–Madison’s Agricultural Evaluation Stations will as quickly as as quickly as extra be internet hosting public area days By way of the 2021 rising season to share research updates And educational information with agricultural professionals, house gardeners and completely different residents. Under is An inventory of A pair of of this season’s area days. Occasions are free till famous completely differentwise.
For extra Particulars A few particular event, contact the host station. Station contact information Might be found at ars.wisc.edu.
Stations will make An Low price effort To current lodgings for individuals with disabilities when notified Prematurely. To request a incapacity lodging, please contact [email protected] or name 608-846-3750 ext. 3 A minimal of 10 days Prematurely of the event. Efforts Shall be made To fulfill similar-day requests to the extent potential.
• Wisconsin Turfgrass Affiliation Summer time Field Day – Verona on July 20, 8 a.m.–3 p.m., at O.J. Noer Turfgrass Evaluation and Education Facility, 2502 Freeway M, Verona.
• Potato Evaluation Field Day – Hancock on July 21, 2021, 1– 4:30 p.m., at Hancock Agricultural Evaluation Station, N3909 County Road V, Hancock.
This area day options updates of curiosity to the state’s potato enterprise on selection trials; illness, insect and weed administration area experiments; and crop storage research.
• Backyard Tour – Hancock on Aug. 7, 9 a.m.–1 p.m., at Hancock Agricultural Evaluation Station, N3909 County Road V, Hancock.
This garden open Home is a household-nice event, offering excursions of the station’s babbling brook, vegedesk garden And a lot of completely different new additions. There Shall be actions For youngsters collectively with an alphabet journey and bingo.
• Diseased, Decayed and Dangerous: When Good Timber Go Dangerous – Woodruff on Aug. 23, 7–8:30 p.m. at Kemp Pure Assets Station, 9161 Kemp Road, Woodruff.
Landowners have authorized “obligation of care” for the trees on their properties, collectively with obligation To buy professional assist when relevant. All through this workshop, attendees will Discover out how licensed arborists assess tree hazard by estimating probability of tree failure and influence, and The outcomes to property And completely different people. For extra information, go to kemp.wisc.edu/outreach or contact [email protected]
• UW Pure Agriculture Evaluation Field Day – Arlington on Aug. 24, 10 a.m.–3:30 p.m. at Arlington Agricultural Evaluation Station, N695 Hopkins Road, Arlington.
This area day will spotlight organic research carried out at UW–Madison, As properly as to Particulars about biggest practices for organic manufacturing. Lunch Shall be currentd. Pre-registration is required. To register, ship e-mail to [email protected]
• UW Agronomy and Soils Field Day – Arlington on Aug. 25, 8 a.m.–12 p.m. at Arlington Agricultural Evaluation Station, N695 Hopkins Road, Arlington.
This area day will function area plot excursions and UW research updates on soil fertility and administration; pest administration; Kernza manufacturing and completely different grain manufacturing methods; And a lot of completely different subjects. Please register by Aug. 15 at go.wisc.edu/a32g16 or name 608-262-0485. More information Might be found at go.wisc.edu/agronomysoilsfd.
• Winery Stroll – Verona on Sept. 2, 2021, 1–3 p.m. at West Madison Agricultural Evaluation Station, 8502 Mineral Level Road, Verona.
Attendees will take a walk through the station’s vineyards with UW-Madison specialists and Research chilly-hardy desk grape varieties, the Petite Pearl wine grape selection, illness resistance evaluations, insect monitoring efforts, and widespread vineyard administration.
• Fungi Pageant – Woodruff on Sept. 11, time TBD, at Kemp Pure Assets Station, 9161 Kemp Road, Woodruff.
At this festival, attendees can be a part of a morning foray To collect fungi Inside the forest at Kemp Station. After a break to take pleasure in self-launched lunches, festivities resume with studying stations staffed by fungi specialists who will share information and greater details on identifications, and completely different fungi-associated subjects. For extra information, go to kemp.wisc.edu/outreach/ or contact [email protected]