LANSING, Mich. (WLUC) – The Michigan Division of Agriculture and Rural Enchancment Wednesday awarded Worth Added and Regional Meals System grants to 18 Michigan producers, course ofors, and group development organizations.
The grants are designed To assist retain, increase, appeal to, or develop agricultural course ofing in Michigan by way of focused investments in know-how and gear, feasibility research, healthful food entry, regional food methods, And concrete agriculture.
“The demand for Michigan’s food and agriculture merchandise has by no means been greater, whether or not it’s globally, nationally, or regionally,” said MDARD Director Gary McDoproperly. “And like One other enterprise or enterprise, With The power To fulfill an growing demand in a well timed method with out compromising extreme quality is essential to prolonged-time period success. These grants will assist companies and organizations throughout Michigan enhance and increase operations, As properly as To assist construct a worthwhile future for them and the communities they serve.”
MDARD acquired 118 eligible proposals with requests totaling almost $9.1 million. Of these, MDARD awarded $1.3 million for The subsequent 18 tasks, leveraging almost $4.8 million in matching funds (U.P. places in daring textual content material):
- Help in Milan Inc. – Milan – $23,000. Expand the food pantry for direct food assist.
- Amplify GR – Grand Rapids – $100,000. Expand the Boston Sq. Incubator kitchen and food hub.
- Byron Center Meats – Byron Center – $100,000. Expand a meat packaging line To enhance performance for livestock producers.
- Communities First Inc. – Flint – $100,000. Expand the Community Enrichment Center’s kitchen incubator Inside the food desert, enhancing entrepreneurial food course ofing in North Flint.
- Put together dinner Household Processing – Gaylord – $100,000. Expand livestock course ofing facility, growing general performance in Northern Michigan.
- DeGreif’s Processing – Sault Ste. Marie – $95,765. Expand livestock course ofing for the Japanese Higher Peninsula.
- Graceland Fruit Inc. – Frankfort – $100,000. Expand a product line for Michigan grown Montmorency cherries.
- J&A Daybreak Farms LCC – Bailey – $8,660. Expand the chilly storage and set up a farm market retailer.
- Michigan Blueberry Growers Affiliation – Grand Junction – $100,000. Expand value added alternatives for Michigan blueberry producers with A mannequin new warmth-sealed packaging course of.
- Michigan State College Extension – East Lansing – $52,600. Buy bottling and canning gear For mannequin spanking new product development and manufacturing with entrepreneurs.
- Misty Lane Farm LLC – Stockbridge – $10,000. Expand on-farm chilly storage and renovations for the farm retailer and food hub.
- Mount Nice Meals Co-op – Mount Nice – $100,000. Relocation and enlargement of the GreenTree Cooperative Grocery.
- Peace Tree Parks – Detroit – $98,000. Establish the E. Vernor produce distribution center for current pure produce and scorching food.
- Riley Orchards Receiving and Storage LLC – Mears – $100,000. New receiving, course ofing, and storage facility for asparagus, cherries, and apples.
- SEEDS – Traverse Metropolis – $18,100. Constructing performance for enlargement of the SEEDS’ farm and value-added course ofing On the Historic Barns Park.
- Tomato Bliss LLC – Galien – $98,100. Increase and increase course ofing line for heirloom tomatoes grown by unbiased Michigan farmers.
- Trenary Toast Bakery Inc. – Trenary – $45,900. Expand the bakery’s oven performance To enhance performance.
- Higher Peninsula Masonic Affiliation – Marquette – $49,800. Expand the Masonic Arts, Twarmthre & Innovation (MÄTI) Agency Community Kitchen’s gear and programming for enhanced value-added food manufacturing to native food entrepreneurs.
MDARD promotes and manages a quantity of aggressive grant packages by way of the Agriculture Enchancment Division. Extra about these packages Might be found at www.michigan.gov/mdardgrants.
Copyright 2021 WLUC. All rights reserved.