EAU CLAIRE — Huntsinger Farms welcomed Greater than 52,000 farmers, households, and neighbors to the 66th Wisconsin Farm Know-how Days in Eau Claire. The three-day current July 20 -22 shattered attfinishance projections.
“We constructed it They typically acquired here,” said Mike Gintner, chair of the Eau Claire County Authorities Committee for the current. “We’re nonetheless tallying All of the numbers, However the early reviews exceeded even our aggressive expectations. We’re so grateful for The huge assist from our attfinishees, exhibitors, volunteers, and sponsors – this current Might have An limitless influence in Eau Claire County and the greater Chippewa Valley for yrs To return.”
Gintner added, “The Rygg household and All the people of Huntsinger Farms and Silver Spring Meals went above and past to host the current. We’re so appreciative of their generosity and assist.”
• Preliminary estimates are that over 52,000 visitors attfinished over the three days of the current. Over 18,000 people attfinished The primary day.
• 1,532 volunteers made the current potential, with people donating their time in every facet of the current.
• The current featured 520 exhibitors from 26 states currentcasing their latest merchandise, implements, tractors and utilized sciences
• The Youth and Profession Discovery Zone led by Chippewa Valley Technical School, College of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, and 4-H, was a large success For youngsters of all ages – Greater than 10,000 youth and households walked the chip path by way of the reveals studying Regarding the completely different areas of agriculture, ending their instructional journey writing a submit card thanking Chippewa Valley farmers. Each youth that accomplished an exercise tracker earned a free scoop of custard from Culver’s.
• 16 buses shuttled A minimal Of three,837 people for entertaining And educational tour of Huntsinger Farms Horseradish Farm, Nellie’s Holsteins Dairy Farm, and Ferguson’s Orchards.
• On the opening ceremony, Gov. Tony Evers launched Gintner Collectively with his official state proclamation commending the current to the people of Wisconsin. Secretary designee of the Division of Agriculture, Commerce and Shopper Safety Randy Romanski spoke to The gang gathered. State Sen. Jeff Smith launched the Rygg household with a State Senate Citation of Service for internet hosting the current, and Bob Bopurchased launched Huntsinger Farms and Silver Spring Meals with the 2021 Breakfast Inside the Valley Frifinish of Agriculture Award. Julia Nunes, Alice in Dairyland 2020-22 led attfinishees Inside the pledge of allegiance.
“Our household is so proud that Huntsinger Farms was In a place to host Farm Tech Days this yr after it was canceled As a Outcome of of pandemic in 2020,” said Eric Rygg president of Huntsinger Farms and Silver Spring Meals and host household for Farm Tech Days 2021. “It’s been superb to work with so many farms And firms Inside The world to currentcase Chippewa Valley’s numerous and world class agriculture ecosystem.”
Different highlights of the current embrace:
• Twenty youngsters from throughout Wisconsin competing in The Wisconsin FFA Tractor Driving Contest
• Chris Kroeze performed three acoustic live shows to a standing-room solely crowd Inside The agricultural Occasions Center
• As a Outcome of of properly-appreciated demand, the meals tents purchased out of The huge Rygg specialty sandwich Daily – over 10,000 of the hamburger, pulled pork, cheese, bacon, coleslaw and horseradish sauce sandwiches have been eaten over the three days. “We purchased a ton of pulled pork,” said Jason Meyer, proprietor Of huge Stack Meats and Catering. “Actually a ton – over 2,000 kilos of our signature pulled pork. The meals tents additionally served 14,000 hamburgers, and 15,000 every of brats and hotdogs.
• The Superior Current Kale tripped at the finish line to edge out the Silver Spring Meals Mustard and wInside The primary ever Innovation Sq. Mascot Race. The Chippewa Valley Kidney Bean, the Ferguson’s Orchards Apple, and the Marieke Gouda Mouse acquired here in third, fourth and fifth respectively.
Gintner added, “It’s superb what we have been In a place to do to get to the current. The complete executive committee and their committee members – over 250 people – have been double and triple planning for over a yr for the completely different circumstances For huge events So as to be ready to make the current happen. We caught together and stored shifting forward and it paid off.”
The 2022 Wisconsin Farm Know-how Days current Shall be held on Roehl Acres of Loyal in Clark County, July 12-14, 2022.
Wisconsin Farm Know-how Days is A 3-day outdoors event currentcasing The latest developments in manufacturing agriculture, together with sensible purposes And up So far evaluation and technological developments. That is the one farm current of its measurement in America that is organized and run completely by volunteers.
The first WFTD current was named Farm Progress Days and was held in Waupaca County in 1954. Clark County and has been chosen As a Outcome of the host for the 67th annual event in 2022.