WASHINGTON — Right now, Sept. 22, Nationwide Farmers Union, a national group advocating on behalf of almost 200,000 American farm households and their communities, launched Equity for Farmers. This advertising campaign seeks to rally People To induce their Congressional leaders and the Biden administration to take concrete steps to curtail consolidation in agriculture, which negatively impacts farmers, ranchers and consumers. At today’s press convention, NFU President Rob Larew, Montana Farmers Union President Walter Schweitzer, and Minnesota Farmers Union President Gary Wertish, have been joined by Montana Sen. John Tester and Minnesota Lawyer Widespread Keith Ellison, each leaders for strengthening America’s antinotion legal guidelines, and professionaltecting working households.
“Right now, we launched the Equity for Farmers advertising campaign. This endeavor has clear goals: to curtail consolidation in agriculture and bust the monopolies, which hurts farmers, ranchers and consumers,” said Rob Larew, NFU president. He added: “We launched Equity for Farmers as a Outcome of We now have a president Who’s dedicated to Taking over the problem of stopping consolidation in agriculture. We’re all buoyed by President Joe Biden’s Authorities Order on ‘Promoting Rivals Inside the Market’ — a dedication from his administration To revive truthfulness to our financial system.”
Equity for Farmers is a national advertising campaign that seeks To work together farmers and ranchers to wrestle for an financial system that rewards exhausting work and ensures truthful agricultural markets by:
· Encouraging farmers and ranchers to share movies of their tales on-line
· Promoting advertising campaigns, each digital and radio
· Working with NFU members throughout the nation To work together native media
· Constructing national coalitions to assist lawmakers and regulators Inside the anti-notion space to wrestle for strengthening our professional-competition legal guidelines and legal guidelines
· Educating lawmakers, the media and the American people about our damaged meals system That permits monopolies to cheat farmers and ranchers, and cost consumers greater prices On the grocery retailer
NFU Is wanting for these options:
· Packers and Stockyards Act reform
· Improfessionalving worth discovery and making sure truthful and right market information
· Facilitating competition and extra numerous market alternatives
· Reinvigorated antinotion enforcement
Larew added: “I do think about we are in for a wrestle. The giants who dominate our meals and agriculture enterprise Aren’t going to be toppled And by no means using a wrestle.” He concluded: “However Farmers Union members, And everyphysique who joined me today, Aren’t afraid of a wrestle and are In a place to Get up for truthfulness.”
For extra information, please go to the Equity for Farmers webpage by clicking right here or go toing this hyperlink: https://nfu.org/truthfulness-for-farmers/.