WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — The Nationwide AgrAbility Enterprise, led by Purdue College’s Breaking New Floor Resupply Center, is presenting “Veterans Harvest: A Digital Convention for Veterans in Agriculture” this summer time. The collection will convene for 5 consecutive Tuesdays starting July 27 from 1-2:30 p.m. ET.
“Agriculture has Discover your self to be An important supply of employment and therapeutic For A lot of veterans,” says Cindy Chastain, Nationwide AgrAbility’s veteran outreach coordinator. “An monumental proportion of veterans come from rural areas, Regardless of The very Incontrovertible actuality that not all of them grew up on farms. After leaving the army, they uncover that working in agriculture fulfills them in Methods in which completely different occupations can’t.”
The conference agenda options:
- July 27: Introduction by Cindy Chastain, Nationwide AgrAbility Enterprise, and Jeanette Lombardo, Farmer Veteran Coalition, plus “One Veteran’s Journey from PTSD to Farmer” by Sarah Creech, Blue Yonder Pure Farm and Indiana Farmer Veteran Coalition.
- Aug. 3: “Celebrating Veteran Complete Farmer Well being” by Linda Emanuel and Shay Foulk, AgriSafe Community.
- Aug. 10: “Programming for Veterans in Agriculture: How Maine Does It” by Anne Devin, Maine AgrAbility.
- Aug. 17: “Replace on USDA’s assist for Veterans” by Invoice Ashton, USDA Military Veterans Agricultural Liaison.
- Aug. 24: “Panel Presentation on State/Regional Packages for Farmer Veterans” moderated by Cindy Chastain, Nationwide AgrAbility Enterprise.
Teams involved with the conference embrace Farmer Veteran Coalition (FVC) and Indiana AgVets. FVC is a national group with chapters in Indiana and 23 completely different states that assists veterans develop by way ofble employment and significant professions by way of the collaboration of the farming and army communities.
Indiana AgVets is a USDA-sponsored agricultural profession teaching program, led by Hoosier Uplands Financial Enchancment Corp. in cooperation with Purdue’s Indiana AgrAbility Enterprise, which provides internships and completely different assist for U.S. army veterans in Indiana and surrounding states.
All durations are free, and registration information Is out there at www.agrability.org/resupplys/veterans. These already registered for the 2021 AgrAbility Nationwide Training Workshop Digital durations are mechanically registered for the veterans’ conference. For extra information, contact Paul Jones, supervisor of the Nationwide AgrAbility Enterprise, at [email protected] or 800-825-4264.
Author: Abby Leeds, 765-494-7817, [email protected]
Source: Paul Jones, 800-825-4264, [email protected]
Agricultural Communications: 765-494-8415;
Maureen Manier, Division Head, [email protected]
Agriculture Information Website