SALISBURY — West Rowan Extreme’s agriculture program and Future Farmers of America chapter have set themselves aside recently and the state has taken discover.
Greater than two dozen awards have been on the agenda for West college students By way of the Monday meeting of the Rowan-Salisbury Schools Board of Education.
They have been all for The varsity’s FFA chapter, which has set itself aside as an elite program, rating first general Inside the state three yrs in a row. The alumni chapter additionally ranked first Inside the state this yr.
The chapter took house first place Inside the state for its profession enchancment event advertising plan group, The identical for its agriculture gross sales senior and junior CDE groups and agriculture communication group.
The board acknowledged All of the college students involved and chapter advisers On the meeting, bringing them up for photographs with the board.
Its meat evaluation group positioned second and sixth at a state management enchancment event.
Particular person college students earned first place proficiency awards in beef manufacturing, agriculture education, agriculture processing, vegetable manufacturing, grain manufacturing, numerous livestock, forage manufacturing, nursery, numerous agriculture, panorama administration, swine manufacturing, dairy placement and equine placement.
There have been additionally six candidates for the state FFA diploma packages and 9 FFA American diploma candidates.
These college students acquired individual proficiency awards:
- Seth Brown: first place beef manufacturing placement.
- MacKenna Clifton: first place agriculture education.
- Jessie Cline: first place agriculture processing.
- Josie Correll: first place vegetable manufacturing.
- Josh Corriher: first place grain manufacturing and second place numerous crop administration.
- Tasquavin Lark: first place numerous livestock.
- Macon Kluttz: first place forage manufacturing and second place agriculture providers.
- Madeline Kluttz: first place nursery.
- Lauren Hayes: first places numerous agriculture manufacturing.
- Ben Candy: first place panorama administration.
- Edward Starnes: first place swine manufacturing.
- Robert Tyler: first place dairy placement.
- Joshua Wilson: first place equine placement.
The school’s agriculture program was awarded first place Inside the state by the N.C. Agriculture Teachers program in July.
This method has acquired a quantity of grants Prior to now yr, totaling $25,000. $23,000 of that funding was utilized for by Tori Cardea, an agriculture teacher On The varsity who May even be secretary for the NCATA.
Tori Cardea is the secretary for the group and areaal chair of the member of the Nationwide Affiliation of Agricultural Educators Member Services Committee.
Cardea’s colleagues are additionally involved Inside the state group, Matt Owen is state treasurer, Jason Chester is chair of the nominations committee and Alex Silliman serves on the N.C. FFA Board of Directors for the area.